Become a member of the Austin Adobe User Group…
Each month an Adobe-related topic or demonstration is presented by a variety of group members (share your knowledge) or visiting experts. The meetings are free and open to anyone who is interested in learning about Adobe products and meeting other Adobe enthusiasts.
New Horizon Learning Center
300 East Highland Mall Boulevard #100
Austin, TX 78752 map
Miss a meeting?
Check the Presentations page. When possible we record our presentations.
Why join the Austin Adobe User Group? Besides meeting other Adobe enthusiasts and learning how to use Adobe software (through demonstrations at meetings), there are
- special discounts that are available only for User Group members on
- members are eligible to win door prizes provided by sponsors and one of the twice-yearly Adobe software drawings; see below for details. Questions? Email email@example.com
Twice-yearly Drawing for Adobe Software
To encourage people to join and participate in the local user groups, Adobe allows each user group to have a drawing twice a year for one Adobe software package valued up to $2,100. The Austin Adobe User group holds the drawings at the June and December meetings. All members who are present at the drawing are eligible to win their choice of an Adobe product that retails for up to $2,100.
How to increase your chances to win
- Attend the meetings. You must attend at least one meeting before the drawing to be a member and be eligible for the drawing. Each meeting you attend increases your chances.
- Do something that benefits the group – review a book, give a presentation, or contribute in another way. Giving a presentation at a meeting gives the most “bonus” tickets.
If you want to volunteer and earn extra tickets towards the drawing or have any questions, contact Donna Blumberg, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Group
Our mission is to:
- Provide a helpful and supportive environment for individuals who want to learn about web and multimedia design and development using Adobe products
- Provide opportunities for Adobe users to share information, tips and tricks.
- Provide networking opportunities for web and multimedia professionals in the Austin, TX area.
The Austin Adobe Users Group is made possible through the continued service from volunteer coordinators and others.
Find other Adobe User Groups
All Adobe User Groups are listed at adobe.com See our Adobe-hosted website at: groups.adobe.com/group/340; also search for other groups from that page
Adobe Certified Expert Peer Study Group
Anyone who is interested in learning about or planning to take the Adobe Certified Expert exams is invited to join the ACE peer study group at New Horizons Computer Learning Center. For details visit their Meetup page, www.meetup.com/Austin-Adobe-ACE-Study-Group/
Give a Presentation at a meeting
Speaking Opportunities for Adobe Users. Want to share tips and tricks of how you use Adobe products? Besides helping others learn, you can network with other Adobe enthusiasts. And you – and your contact info/web site – will be listed as a presenter on this site. Contact us about your presentation
Join Mailing List
The groups maintains a “many-to-many” email list on Google Groups. Anyone may join. The list is used for official group announcements and members are welcome to use it to post news of interest to other Adobe users and well as to pose questions and comments. Messages and replies sent to the list will go to all members. There are approximately 300 members on the list at any time.
Share your Skills and Talents. Showcase your skills by volunteering your skills and talents with website design, email management and event coordination. Gain visibility for yourself and your company. Contact us about how you’d like to contribute.
Web Site Credits
All work on the Austin Adobe User Group site is done by group members who volunteer their time. Many thanks to the following folks:
Karen Kreps, Net Ingenuity – hosting the site, maintaining the domain name, design team member
Donna Blumberg – (Austin Adobe User Group manager) – content and design team member
Joseph Bourque, Teragen Pure Media – design team member, main developer
Jeff Lin, Unbranded Studio – design team member